We've heard of this happening to some folks. What's typically going on is your body is ridding itself of toxins any way it can. It'll go away, most likely, when you stop shedding weight.
Sometimes this is caused by the acid in lemon juice. Some people have reported that, once they stopped adding lemon juice to their water (but not tea, for some reason) the bad breath/rotten taste went away.
Here are some other suggestions:
1) munch on a small piece of parsley for a while. It helps you get rid of the bad breath.
2) Cinnamon does the same thing. "Chew" a piece of cinnamon bark.
3) Use a tongue scraper often -- this works WONDERS!
4) Brush with baking soda to reduce the acidity in the mouth and make it difficult for the bacteria to grow
5) Brush and rinse using hydrogen peroxide when you have upper respiratory infections but don’t swallow it
6) Gargle with salt water to reduce bacteria in the mouth
7) Drink lots of water
8) Brush teeth daily especially before going to bed
Hang in there. It should pass soon.
© 2009-2012 TrimYou