SLOWER LOSSES/HUNGER IN SUBSEQUENT ROUNDS
Some people report that their results in subsequent rounds of HHCG are different: Hunger, Boredom, Slower Losses. We'll address each:
FIRST AND FOREMOST:
If you're NOT following a strict HHCG protocol (whether due to religious or other reasons -- even if "it's only been a little cheat, here and there...") then all bets are off. Cheating or eating off-protocol always affects results. This protocol doesn't care about your reasons -- but it will always reflect results (and we can only accurately counsel you) based upon strict adherence to the eating regimen carefully crafted by Simeons. Many have tried to shortcut the process. Of the tens of thousands of members, we've yet to meet anyone who has successfully done so and had nominal long-term results. IT'S VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO TROUBLESHOOT DIFFICULTIES WHEN SOMEONE DOESN’T ADHERE STRICTLY TO THE PROTOCOL.
Some people report that they feel hungrier during a second (or third, etc.) Round of HHCG. In this case, you can do a number of things:
• Make sure you take advantage of the sea salt cocktail (search "Sea Salt Cocktail" here in the Knowledge Base), which has helped many people stave off hunger pangs.
• If you haven't already, try adding in konjac flour noodles (Brand name: "Miracle Noodles") which add bulk without adding calories or sugar or starch.
• Are you eating your fill of vegetables at a meal? This is one of the easiest ways to address hunger.
• Are you doing aerobic or heavy physical labor/exercise? This will always affect hunger, especially during Phase 2. We don't recommend strenuous exercise at all during Phase 2.
Be honest, now:
• Did you do the FULL six weeks of Phase 3? 3-weeks of 3A (no sugars/starches) followed by 3-weeks of 3B (gradually adding back in starches/sugars)? Sometimes, in their excitement to "keep the weight loss going" folks try short-cutting the full six-weeks, thinking that this won't affect results, but it does. Hopefully, you aren't among that group. There are no shortcuts.
• Did you maintain within your +/-2 lbs window?
• If not, did you do Steak/Protein Day(s) as required?
• If you failed to do any of these, then your results will be compromised.
Ah, yes! Chicken (again!!!) for lunch/dinner, etc.
• Do you eat the same, bland meals over and over? If you only eat the same 3 or 4 meals during Phase 2, is it any wonder you're bored? That isn't the fault of "this limited diet." It's a matter of changing the way you feed yourself.
• Predictability can also be a factor. During the initial Round, everything was new and exciting. The losses were likely amazing to you. The process, the challenges, the triumphs -- everything was new. But now? You may be feeling a bit "cocky" or self-assured. This is no longer "a wild shot in the dark." You KNOW it works and, well, some of the glamor has perhaps worn off. You may find yourself saying, "OF COURSE I'm losing weight! -- there it goes, another pound! When is this going to be over??" We get it.
During subsequent Rounds of HHCG, some folks (but by all means not the majority) report slower losses, but consistent nonetheless, so this isn't at all surprising if this is the case.
Hopefully, you aren't among that group.
You may want to consider doing a Half Round (23 days minimum of dosing/P2). At nearly half the time of a Full Round, but with results very close to those of doing the Full Round (in terms of average daily losses) this is a great way to put a reasonable time limit on any feelings of disappointment, hunger or boredom you may have resolved to nonetheless endure.
• Realize that the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower weight comes off (on this or any diet).
• Make sure you're sticking to the protocol and drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water. If you're following the protocol, then what's happening is merely the process. As long as you're sticking to protocol, it's working. Hang in there.
© 2009-2012 TrimYou
Article is closed for comments.