Here's what I did:
- First off, make Kiddush on a dry wine (less sugar than sweet) if possible
- For lechem mishnah, make hamotzi on the 2 challahs, eat a small bite, THEN eat your required 2 oz. by eating Eziekel Bread. Use Eziekel Bread since it spikes the blood sugar less than white flour
- Sorry, no grape juice, no kugel, no chulent. If you're maakbid about fish, eat a small piece of Gefilte fish to be yotzi
- Eat your allowed food (piece of chicken breast, 1 vegetable)
- I found the Walden Farms dressings a real treat. Those are zero calories and O-U parve, so you can have as much as you want of those
- For dessert, have your handful of strawberries - I dipped mine in Walden Farms Chocolate Sauce (because what's Shabbos without chocolate?)
- For lunch the next day, just do the same. Then for Melava Malka, have your snack of Melba toast and fruit.
There is a discussion forum on this topic on the Support Group site here:
© 2009-2012 TrimYou
Article is closed for comments.